Manaka Ranaka Biography
Manaka Ranaka Bio
|Manaka Ranaka was born on 6th April 1979. She is a South African actress most famous for her role as Lucy Diale, the mother of Namhla Diale (Thulisile Phongolo) in the soap Generations. She is the sister of the South African Radio Deejay, Actress and Tv Presenter Dineo Ranaka.|
|Manaka Ranaka Age||6 April 1977 in Soweto, South Africa|
|Manaka Ranaka Daughters||Two daughters Kagiso, and her younger daughter – Lesedi|
|Manaka Ranaka Husband||She is not married, dated – Thabo Monareng|
|Manaka Ranaka Occupation||Actress, TV personality, singer|
|Manaka Ranaka Siblings||Dineo Ranaka (sister) Mpumi Ranaka (sister),Ranaka Ranaka (brother)|
|Manaka Ranaka Net Worth||$ 1 Million as of 2018|
Manaka Ranaka Career Highlights
- In 2000 Ranaka joined the cast of Isidingo, as Nandipha Sithole, which is a popular soap opera that aired on SABC 3. Shortly after she got pregnant and when she informed the producers of the show she was fired.
- She appeared in theater productions Drumstruck, On My Birthday and Torong, among others.
- In 2002 she was cast on the original drama Gaz’lam as Portia which aired in SABC 1. The show aired for four seasons.
- In 2003 she was cast on the original sitcom, Stokvel as Lerata Khumalo which aired on the SABC 2. She appeared in all eight seasons.
- In 2005 she appeared on the episode titled “Media in South Africa/Vaginas/A Moment with. Suze Randall” of the seventh season of the documentary series, SexTV.
- In 2006 she appeared on the first season of One Way, as Nozuko, which aired on SABC 3. Also, she had a supporting role in Vinolia Ntuli, as Tshisa, that aired on SABC 1.
- In 2007 she appeared on the fourth season of Home Affairs as Neli. She also starred in the SABC 1 drama series, Society, where she portrayed the character of Ayanda.
- In 2012 Manaka Ranaka had a recurring role on the e.tv soap opera, Rhythm City, where she portrayed the character of Zanele Kgaditse – the wife of villainous Rocks Kgaditse.
Manaka Ranaka Awards
2007: She won the South African Film and Television Award (SAFTA) for Best Actress in a Television Comedy.
Manaka Ranaka Husband – Manaka Ranaka Family
Manaka is a mother to two daughters who were born of different fathers. Her elder daughter is named Kagiso, and her younger daughter – Lesedi. She has no husband. She dated her boyfriend- Thabo Monareng for a while. This relationship caused quite a scandal since her boyfriend is nine years younger than herself.
Her little sister is the famed radio DJ and television personality Dineo Ranaka; and lesser known sister, Nompumelelo “Mpumi” Ranaka-Malchartzeck.