Busy Philipps Biography
Busy Philipps Bio
|Elizabeth Jean “Busy” Philipps was born on 25th June 1979. She is an American actress, writer, producer, and director. She is known for her roles on the television series’ Freaks and Geeks (1999–2000), Dawson’s Creek (2001–03) and ER (2006-07), and for her portrayal of Laurie Keller on the ABC series Cougar Town (2009–15), for which she received a Critics’ Choice Television Award. She has also appeared in numerous films, such as The Smokers (2000), Home Room (2002), White Chicks (2004), Made of Honor (2008), He’s Not That Into You (2009), The Gift (2015), and I Feel Pretty (2018).|
|Busy Philipps Age||25th June 1979Oak Park, Illinois, U.S.|
|Busy Philipps Occupation||Actress, writer, producer, director|
|Busy Philipps Husband||
Marc Silverstein (m. 2007)
|Busy Philipps Children||Birdie Leigh (born August 13, 2008) and Cricket Pearl (born July 2, 2013)|
|Busy Philipps Net Worth||$12 million as of 2018|
Busy Philipps Early Life and Education
Philipps was born in Oak Park, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Her parents gave her the nickname Busy because as an infant she was always moving. Philipps went to school at Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. She attended Loyola Marymount University at the same time as Freaks and Geeks costar Linda Cardellini and former boyfriend, Colin Hanks.
Busy Philipps Career
Philipps worked the toy-fair circuit as a real-life Barbie (“Cool Teen Skipper”) before making her show-business debut.
Her first significant role was Kim Kelly in Freaks and Geeks, in which she appeared in all but one of its eighteen episodes (the exception being the episode titled “Chokin’ & Tokin'”).
- 2000 – She made her film debut in the comedy The Smokers as well as various other cameos on television.
- In 2001, Philipps was cast as Audrey Liddell in the teen drama Dawson’s Creek.
- She appeared in two films, Home Room (2002) and White Chicks (2004). She was cast in the UPN sitcom Love, Inc., in a role originally intended for Shannen Doherty. The show lasted for one season (2005–2006) before being canceled. In 2006, she had a major recurring role as Hope Bobeck on ER, alongside her Freaks and Geeks co-star Linda Cardellini.
- During her second year on ER, her character headed to South America to “fulfill her Christian mission.” Philipps had a co-credit for the storyline of the 2007 comedy film Blades of Glory. A year later, Philipps returned to being in front of the camera with her supporting role in Made of Honor.
- Philipps has also made appearances in He’s Not That Into You as the character of Kelli Ann and on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. From 2009 to 2015, Philipps portrayed Laurie Keller in the television series Cougar Town. She routinely contributed to the Thrilling Adventure Hour, a live stage radio show. Her primary recurring character is the Red Plains Rider.
- On a 2010 appearance on Chelsea Lately, Philipps commented that she auditioned for the hit television show Glee just one week after giving birth, following a pregnancy during which she gained 80 pounds.
- Philipps stars on the HBO series Vice Principals, which premiered in 2016.
- In 2017, Philipps signed on as co-lead opposite Casey Wilson in Tina Fey’s comedy pilot, The Sackett Sisters, for NBC.
- In 2018, Phillips played the role of Sheba in Netflix’s Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Busy Philipps Personal life
Philipps dated Colin Hanks in the 1990s, while in college. Philipps married screenwriter Marc Silverstein in 2007.
The couple has two daughters: Birdie Leigh (born August 13, 2008), whose godmother is actress Lizzy Caplan; and Cricket Pearl (born July 2, 2013).
Philips’ upcoming memoir, This Will Only Hurt a Little, includes a passage in which the actress describes a physical altercation that took place between James Franco and herself on the set of Freaks and Geeks.
Busy Philipps Rapped as a Teen
On Thursday, 27th September 2018 during Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s powerful testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, actor Busy Philipps shared in an Instagram post that she was raped at age 14, including a photo of herself as a teen.
View this post on Instagram
#tbt This is me at 14. The age I was raped. It's taken me 25 years to say those words. I wrote about it in my book. I finally told my parents and sister about it 4 months ago. Today is the day we are silent no more. All of us. I'm scared to post this. I can't imagine what Dr. Ford is feeling right now.