Mike Sorrentino Biography
Mike Sorrentino Bio
|Michael Sorrentino was born on 4th July 1982. He is also known as The Situation, an American television personality. He appeared on the MTV reality show Jersey Shore in all six seasons from December 2009 through its final episode in December 2012.|
|Mike Sorrentino Age||He was born on 4th July 1982Staten Island, New York U.S.|
|Mike Sorrentino Occupation||
|Known for||Jersey Shore; Jersey Shore: Family Vacation|
|Mike Sorrentino Wife||Lauren Pesce (2004-2007, 2013-present;engaged)|
|Mike Sorrentino Parent(s)||Frank Sorrentino (Father); Linda Sorrentino (Mother)|
|Mike Sorrentino Siblings||Frank Sorrentino; Marc Sorrentino (brothers); Melissa Sorrentino (sister)|
|Mike Sorrentino Net Worth||$ 0.3 Million as of 2018|
Mike Sorrentino Career Highlights
- 3rd December 2009 – 20 December 2012 – Sorrentino was a cast member of Jersey Shore since its debut. Since appearing on that show, Sorrentino has been a guest on TV series including The Howard Stern Show, The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, The Jay Leno Show, Lopez Tonight, SportsNation, Chelsea Lately, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Conan.
- September 2010 – Sorrentino was a contestant on Season 11 of Dancing with the Stars, eliminated on the 4th week. His partner was Karina Smirnoff. He also appeared with Bristol Palin in a public service announcement for The Candie’s Foundation, as part of its Pause Before You Play campaign to prevent teen pregnancy.
- In January 2011, Sorrentino signed on to star as a judge in the YOBI.tv talent-show web series Random Talent. The name of the series was later changed to New Stage after the theme song title of the same name, written and performed by another New Stage costar Mykell.
- In 2010, Sorrentino made more than $5 million, the second highest of any other reality star after Kim Kardashian. This money was accrued through endorsements with Devotion Vodka, Reebok Zigtech shoes, as well as a ghost-written autobiography, a rap song, a workout DVD, a vitamin line for GNC, a clothing line, and appearances on Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars.
- In March 2011 Sorrentino appeared on the Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump. His performance became a point of mocking that the other roasters, like Jeff Ross, capitalized on. In August of that year, Sorrentino was offered a “substantial” sum of money by fashion retailer Abercrombie & Fitch not to wear the company’s clothes. A spokesman for the company explained that “Mr. Sorrentino’s association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image.” In November 2011, Sorrentino filed a lawsuit against A&F after they made shirts that read “The Fitchuation” and “GTL…You Know The Deal.”
- On 22nd February 2012, Sorrentino appeared in a small cameo role on ABC’s Suburgatory. In June 2012, he participated in Fox’s dating game show The Choice. On 15th August 2012, he became a housemate on the tenth series of Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5 and on 7th September 2012, he came in fourth on the series finale.
- In October 2012, he appeared in a PETA ad campaign promoting the spaying and neutering of pets.
- In 2014, he appeared on a reality show with his family, which aired on the TVGN network.
- In 2015, he was a participant on the fifth season of Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars with his partner, Lauren Pesce.
- In 2016 he was a participant on the 9th season of Worst Cooks in America.
- In April 2017, Sorrentino appeared on We TV’s Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition with his brothers Marc and Frank Sorrentino.
- In 2018, it was confirmed that a reboot of Jersey Shore, called Jersey Shore: Family Vacation would air on MTV, with Sorrentino returning as a cast member.
Mike Sorrentino Personal life
Sorrentino obtained an associate’s degree from Brookdale Community College and attended Kean University and Monmouth University.
He worked as an assistant manager of a fitness center in Staten Island. At the age of 25, he lost this job and began underwear modeling.
He has two older brothers, Frank and Marc, and a younger sister named Melissa. Marc also serves as The Situation’s manager and partner in MPS Entertainment.
On 12th March 2012, Sorrentino confirmed that he had checked himself into rehab “to get control of a prescription medication problem” he had with oxycodone. He checked out of the Cirque Lodge treatment center in Utah on 4th April 2012.
For three years in the 2000s, Sorrentino dated his college sweetheart, Lauren Pesce. They later reconciled, and on 26th April 2018, Sorrentino announced they had gotten engaged.
Mike Sorrentino Legal issues
- On 17th June 2014, Sorrentino was arrested for assault after a fight at a tanning salon in Middletown Township, New Jersey.
- In September 2014, Sorrentino was charged with tax fraud, allegedly avoiding paying taxes on $8.9 million. According to the US Attorney, Sorrentino and his brother, Marc, established S corporations that paid for personal expenses and failed to report income. In April 2017, further charges were levied against Sorrentino and his brother, alleging tax evasion and the structuring of bank deposits to avoid reporting thresholds.
- On 19th January 2018, Sorrentino pleaded guilty to one count of tax evasion, as part of a plea bargain with prosecutors. Sentencing occurred on October 5 at the United States District Court of New Jersey in Newark.
- On 5th October 2018, Sorrentino was sentenced to 8 months in prison, two years of supervised probation, and 500 hours of community service.