Pooch Hall Biography
Pooch Hall Bio
Pooch Hall (Marion H. Hall Jr.) was born on 8th February 1977. He is an American television and film actor, rapper, and model known for his role as Derwin Davis, the football player on The CW/BET sitcom The Game, and as Ricky in the 2011 film Jumping the Broom. Hall currently plays the character of Daryll Donovan in the Showtime drama, Ray Donovan.
In 2016, Hall portrayed Muhammad Ali in the sports biography film, Chuck, about Ali’s opponent Chuck Wepner and the Ali-Wepner 1975 world heavyweight title boxing bout.
|Pooch Hall Age||He was born on 8th February 1977 in Brockton, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Pooch Hall Other names||“Pooch” Marion Hall
|Pooch Hall Wife||
Linda Hall (m. 1997)
|Pooch Hall Children||Djaeda Hall, Djordan Hall, Djanai Hall (Daughter), Djulian Bryant Hall (Son)|
|Pooch Hall Net Worth||$3.5 Million as of 2018|
|Pooch Hall Occupation||
Pooch Hall Early life and Education
Marion H. Hall parents are Marion Hall Sr. and the late Cindy Hall. He was born in Brockton, Massachusetts where he went to school at Brockton High. In 1994, he won the Southern New England Golden Gloves for boxing. Hall attended the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth where he got his first taste for acting with the UMass Dartmouth Theatre Company.
Pooch Hall Career Highlights
- Hall began his career by doing commercials and modeling.
- 2001 – He landed his first acting role in the 2001 Lift. In the same year, Hall appeared in Blue Hill Avenue.
- 2003 – Served as co-host for The N reality series Girls v. Boys.
- 2005- Portrayed Ty’ree in the miniseries Miracle’s Boys.
- 2006 – Won the role of Derwin Davis on Game. He was featured as Chrisette Michele’s love interest in her music video “What You Do”.
- During the 2009–2010 season, he had a recurring role as Ryan on the CBS sitcom Accidentally on Purpose, replacing Cory Hardrict (the husband of Tia Mowry, his co-star from The Game). In the interview of the Tom Joyner Morning show, Hall had to set the record straight of departing from the series The Game. He quoted, “My contract came up, I promise you. We negotiated, and we couldn’t come up with a number. So my team said we’re going to send you out [auditions]”. Pooch Hall continued and said the Showtime series knew about his commitment to BET, but it took so long to respond to his agents; however, he continued to move forward with his new projects. “I never did quit the show,” Hall said, “When The Game got cancelled, I was offered another job, and I booked Ray Donovan the next day”.
- On August 8, 2012, he returned to make a guest appearance for the sixth season, in one episode “The Blueprint”. without Tia Mowry.
- On September 18, 2015, he was cast in A Dog’s Purpose.
Pooch Hall arrested for DUI, child endangerment
Pooch Hall was arrested on Wednesday night, 3rd October 2018 for DUI and felony child endangerment. Her allegedly let his 2-year-old son drive because he was too wasted to steer.
Police were called at around 7:30 PM when witnesses saw his son in his lap holding the steering wheel. The car veered smashing into a parked car. Thankfully, there were no injuries. His blood alcohol level .25 more than three times the legal limit.
Hall was cuffed and taken to jail, where he remains on $100,000 bail.His son was released into his wife’s custody. A hearing is due on Friday, 5th October 2018.
Pooch Hall Family
Hall met his wife Linda in 1996 when she was a freshman in college. The couple celebrated their wedding in 1997. They have four children together, Djaeda Hall, Djordan Hall, Djanai Hall and Djulian Bryant Hall.