Richard Benjamin Harrison Bio, Biography
|Richard Benjamin Harrison Jr. was born on 4 March 1941 and died on 25 June 2018 at the age of 77 years. He was also known by the nicknames The Old Man and The Appraiser. He earned the name at the age of 38. Richard was an American businessman and reality television personality, best known as the co-owner of the World Famous Gold & Silver Pawn Shop. He was featured on the History channel series, Pawn Stars. Harrison was the co-owner of the pawn shop with his son Rick Harrison. They opened the store together in 1989.|
Richard Harrison Age and DOB
|Richard Benjamin Harrison Jr. was born on 4 March 1941 in Danville, Virginia, U.S.|
Richard Harrison Death
|He died on 25 June 2018 (aged 77) in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
Richard Harrison Cause of death
|He died due to Parkinson’s disease, a progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects movement|
|Other names||The Old Man (nickname)
|Schools Attended||Lexington High School, North Carolina|
Reality television personality
Richard Harrison Wife
|Joanne Rhue (m. 1960)|
Richard Harrison Children
|Sherry Harrison (deceased)
Richard Kevin Harrison
Richard Harrison Marriage and Service in the Navy
When he was 17, Harrison attended a barn dance where he met his future spouse, Joanne Rhue, the little girl of Joseph Rhue, an area judge, who later became one of the lead lawyers for Philip Morris in North Carolina. They wedded in 1960. Before they married, Harrison stole a car, and after he was arrested, he was given a choice by the judge to go to jail or join the military. Harrison picked the latter. JoAnne wound up pregnant with their first youngster promptly after they wedded, and Sherry, their first child, was conceived with Down syndrome. They additionally had three children, Joseph, Rick, and Chris. Harrison left the Navy in February 1962 but re-enlisted fourteen months later to obtain the health care benefits necessary to meet Sherry’s medical expenses. She died when she was six years old.
Harrison, at last, served in the U.S. Naval force for 20 years, including stretches as a paymaster. He attained the rank of Petty officer, first class. Harrison served on four ships, including his last five years on armada pull ATF 100 USS Chowanoc, from 1972 to 1976.
Richard Harrison Net Worth
In 1967 Harrison was exchanged by the Navy to San Diego, California. He kept on serving in the Navy, while JoAnne got her real estate permit in 1970 and opened her office in 1973. After Harrison was discharged from the Navy, he worked part-time in his wife’s office. Declining real estate sales caused by interest rates as high as 18 per cent cost Harrison $1,000,000 and the collapse of this business in 1981.
Richard Benjamin Harrison, had an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2018.
Richard Harrison Death and Cause
Harrison died June 25, 2018 . He died due to Parkinson’s disease, a progressive disorder of the nervous system that affects movement
Richard Harrison Awards and recognition
- In March 2010, Harrison, his son, grandson and Austin “Chumlee” Russell were awarded the key to the city of Las Vegas, by Mayor Oscar Goodman.
- Harrison and the other stars of Pawn Stars served as grand marshals for the History 300 NASCAR race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 26, 2012.
- On May 29, 2012, Harrison was awarded a key to the city of Lexington, his hometown, by Lexington Mayor Clark Newell, in the Lexington City Council Chamber, and the day was also officially “Richard Harrison’s Day”.
- On July 17, 2012, the Clark County Commission declared that day to be “Pawn Stars/Gold & Silver Pawn Day”. At the Commission meeting, Harrison donated $1000 to the Clark County Museum and lent the U.S. Senate floor chair used by Senator Patrick McCarran (sold to the Gold and Silver in the Pawn Stars episode “Take a Seat”) to the museum as part of a display on Senator McCarran.
- R.B. Harrison and his son Rick were nominated for the 2012 Time 100 list
Tributes on Twitter
NOKR has confirmed Richard Harrison — famously known as "Old Man" on "Pawn Stars" — has died at 77, according to his son Rick Harrison. "'The Old Man’ Harrison passed away this morning surrounded by those he love," Rick said Monday morning. #PawnStars #LasVegas pic.twitter.com/26J2EIBbAD
— Next of Kin Registry (@NOKR) June 25, 2018
RIP to the ‘old man’ Richard Harrison from Pawn Stars. Will miss watching you yell at Chumlee. pic.twitter.com/xBIrVVAIJV
— Barstool Pros and Joes (@BarstoolProJoes) June 25, 2018
Sad news that the "old man" from Pawn Stars passed away. He was a navy veteran & an extremely entertaining part of the show. RIP Richard Harrison take card, "Old Man" 🙏 pic.twitter.com/VDEqd4vy9u
— Jim LaMotta (@jimlamotta) June 25, 2018